Why Would You Want to Know How to Lift a Chevy Tracker?
Chevy tracker is an amazing vehicle on its own, no matter the edition. But in order to get the best performance possible, you might want to know how to lift a chevy tracker.
First of all, if you own a Chey Tracker but you want a vehicle that is good for off-road ventures, you don`t really need another truck or SUV – lifting and optimizing a Chevy Tracker will do just fine. It will provide you with a lot of support no matter what terrain you prefer in an off-road setting, clearing obstacles with ease but it will also be balanced enough to work well on highway without causing you any troubles.
In case you want to purchase an off-road vehicle, it might be a good idea for you to buy the Chevy Tracker and then lift it - it will prove less expensive but just as good as any Jeep in an off-road setting.
In conclusion, Chevy Tracker might be the vehicle to lift as it will work in any setting and it won`t require a lot of money to do it. It`s good for beginners and those with more experience who want to experiment and prove that they can do great in an off-road situation with just about any vehicle.
Chevy Tracker is a joint venture of General Motors Canada and Suzuki, produced by CAMI Automotive in 1988 in Ontario. At first it was thought to be a compact SUV but due to its off-road and towing capabilities it was later certifies as a light truck. Ever since it was produced, it has been under many brands and editions, proving just how good it is.
You can easily find its use in any off-road setting since it deals with obstacles fairly well but its also an amazing people and cargo carrier.
What Types of Lift Kits Can Be Used on a Chevy Tracker?
There are a few types of lift kits that can be used on a Chevy Tracker.
The basic types of lift kits are:
- Body Lift Kit which will elevate the vehicle by 2 or 3inches and they come in 3 height adjustments: 1 inch, 2 inches or 3 inches.
- Suspension Lift Kit enables the owner to elevate the vehicle to his desired height. There are:
- Small Lift Kit will give you more space for your tires and it will be the least expensive and most simple way to go.
- Medium Lift Kit will give you an optimal balance for a great off-road setting.
- Large Lift Kit is the most expensive and complicated way to go but it will allow you to achieve the best off-road performance and it won`t make your vehicle a handful on the highway.
Here are a couple of more types of Suspension Lift Kits:
- Spring Over Axle
- Shackle Reverse Lift Kits
- Coil Suspension Lift Kits
- Lifted Spring Suspension Lift Kits
- Shackle Suspension Lift Kits
How to Lift a Chevy Tracker
For a simple and inexpensive yet efficient Chevy Tracker Lift, here`s what you should do:
Start by choosing the coil spacer that you want and then cut the metal wherever the tires you purchased rub it. You should mount the tires on steel rims – make sure you pick strong and durable parts that will serve you well. You can also consider replacing the gears if the ones that are already in the Chevy don`t work for you, and the same goes for your engine.